Friday, July 19, 2013

A Welcome Summer Friend

For the past several summers we have had the pleasure of butterfly visits in our yard each night after dinner. The same species of butterfly comes to play with us. I know this sounds odd, so let me explain. When I say "play" I truly mean it. These butterflies are very friendly and will land on our face and body. Many times we are able to gently touch them. They will chase the washers we throw into our washer pits. They circle around our heads, playfully teasing and taunting. 

This is one of my favorite photos of my daughter with Rico, her favorite of the butterflies that have visited us in summer. 

A short video of Rico playing with The Kid

She truly looks forward to the nightly visits.

I'm not sure if it's pure luck that we have these nightly and even yearly visits, or something much greater. Either way, the time we get to spend outside with each other and the butterflies is special. 




No comments:

Post a Comment