Saturday, November 16, 2013

St. Simons Island Fun!



Sometimes when my family and I travel I simply stand still and think of how lucky I am. I have the perfect (for me!) family and a wonderful life. As sappy as that may sound, it's true. We are able to visit places in The United States and Canada and take in the rich history and beauty of each spot. In October, our trip to St. Simons blew me away! With its unparalleled beauty and amazing back story I fell in love with the island and its inhabitants.



One of The Golden Isles, St. Simons is the perfect blend of southern hospitality and ambiance that will leave a soft spot in the heart of each of its visitors.



My daughter adored the native trees with Spanish moss clinging to every crevice. It certainly felt as though we had landed in the middle of a creepy horror flick. But, I love creepy so it was creepy-cool!


Even the island's lighthouse has an amazing background story! It played a pivotal role in our country's history!


Do yourself a favor. Make a trip to St. Simons Island as soon as you can. You won't be disappointed. We cannot wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment